Have more fun and be a more knowledgeable person by knowing the fun things about etiquette at Socially Savvy. The fun things you need to know about etiquette with complete descriptions are:
A place setting for each guest is a good idea, unless you are eating with your children. If you are eating with your children, you can set a separate place for them.
If you are eating with children, you can serve them a little food and ask them to help themselves. If you are eating with adults, you should provide enough food for everyone.
For a large party, you can serve one course at a time.
It is good to offer your guests a choice of beverages. If you are serving a beverage with food, you should serve it before the meal.
Do not offer dessert after the main course.
The number of people to be seated at a dinner table is determined by the number of people in the room. If there are fewer than 8 people, then you should seat 8 people at a table.
If you are serving a buffet style meal, you should set up the buffet in the dining room.
You can serve salad, bread, and fruit at the beginning of the meal.
When you are having a party, it is a good idea to invite friends and relatives who do not know each other.
* Place yourself where you want to be when the meal is served.
* If you have a family of six, you may be seated at a table for six.
* If you are seated at a table for six, you will be seated at the head of the table.
* If you are seated at a table for six, you will be seated next to the hostess.
* When the hostess invites you to sit at the head of the table, she is asking you to sit at the head of the table because you are the hostess’ guest.
* If you are seated next to the hostess, you will be seated at the end of the table, closest to the kitchen.
* When the hostess introduces you to her guests, she will introduce you by your first name.
* The hostess will introduce you to her guests by their first name.
* When you are introduced to the hostess’ guests, you will be introduced by their first name.
* If you are introduced to the hostess’ guests by their first name, you will be introduced by their first name.